Patients are asked not to contact the practice regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations.
The NHS have started to vaccinate the 4 most at-risk priority groups including over 70s, care home patients, health/social care workers and those who are clinically at risk. The local vaccination site for the Wisbech area is at North Brink Practice. When a vaccination is available for you then we will contact you via SMS/telephone invitation. Alternatively you can also dial 119 or visit www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination to arrange an appointment into one of the large vaccinations sites.
When more vaccines become available, the vaccines will be offered to other people at risk as soon as possible. Please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine before then.
If you have not yet been approached about having the COVID-19 vaccine, please read the information: why you are being asked to wait. You can also find further information on the COVID-19 vaccine here.
Please continue to abide by all the social distancing, wearing of face masks and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
New government guidelines now outline that face masks/coverings will be compulsary in shops and supermarkets. If you feel that you should be exempt from wearing a mask/covering due to medical reasons then you DO NOT need to contact us. Recent guidance from the Local Medical Committee explains that patients do not need to provide evidence should they feel they are exempt; a self declaration from the individual will be sufficient.
Due to the COVID-19 virus we have decided to limit patient access to the practice in order to reduce the risk of infection. We have made the following changes to our service:
1. Access to the practice is now limited only to patients that have an appointment. If you have an appointment then please enter via the rear entrance and ring the door bell. Please ensure that you wear a face covering/mask to your appointment.
2. If you need to collect a prescription from the Dispensary or Pharmacy then please access the front of the building down North Brink. Please ensure that you wear a face covering/mask.
3. If you need to request your repeat prescription or a medication item that you have recently been prescribed, you can do so through our online service or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to access these services, please drop your repeat slip or paper request in the prescription post box at the front of the building. We will also be setting up the Electronic Repeat Dispensing Service for eligible patients, allowing us to automatically issue up to 6 months worth of prescriptions. Please see more details about this service in our 'Prescription Information' section below.
4. All blood request forms, letters and sick notes will be posted out to patients.
5. If you need to drop off a sample or a sharps bin please enter the practice via the rear entrance and ring the door bell; a staff member will take it from you.
6. If your employer requires a sick note due to self isolation then you can complete the certificate and send it through to your employer; it does not require a signature from us. The certificate can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
All other routine queries will need to be deferred to a more appropriate time.
For further information please click on the link below which will redirect you to the NHS website. This will provide you with information on the symptoms, affected areas as well as advice on how to limit the risk of infection and what to do in the event that you believe that you may be infected.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation in these challenging times.