North Brink Practice is now using Doctorlink, a service designed to help you check and manage your symptoms 24/7. The approved symptom checker will help you identify your problem and direct you to an appropriate local service. If an appointment with us is required then it will allow you to book one.
North Brink Practice is supporting vital Coronavirus (COVID-19) planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital. For more information about this please click on the following link, COVID-19 Planning and Research.
New government guidelines now outline that face masks/coverings will be compulsary in shops and supermarkets. If you feel that you should be exempt from wearing a mask/covering due to medical reasons then you DO NOT need to contact us. Recent guidance from the Local Medical Committee explains that patients do not need to provide evidence should they feel they are exempt; a self declaration from the individual will be sufficient.
Due to the COVID-19 virus we have decided to limit patient access to the practice in order to reduce the risk of infection. We have made the following changes to our service:
1. Access to the practice is now limited only to patients that have an appointment. If you have an appointment then please enter via the rear entrance and ring the door bell. On arrival, a staff member will take your temperature. Please ensure that you wear a face covering/mask to your appointment.
2. If you need to collect a prescription from the Dispensary or Pharmacy then please access the front of the building down North Brink. Please ensure that you wear a face covering/mask.
3. If you need to request your repeat prescription or a medication item that you have recently been prescribed, you can do so through our online service or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to access these services, please drop your repeat slip or paper request in the prescription post box at the front of the building. From the 1st July 2020 we will no longer be issuing two months worth of medication, meaning that you will need to put your prescription request in each month. We will also be setting up the Electronic Repeat Dispensing Service for eligible patients, allowing us to automatically issue up to 6 months worth of prescriptions. Please see more details about this service in our 'Prescription Information' section below.
4. All blood request forms, letters and sick notes will be posted out to patients.
5. If you need to drop off a sample or a sharps bin please enter the practice via the rear entrance and ring the door bell; a staff member will take it from you.
6. If your employer requires a sick note due to self isolation then you can complete the certificate and send it through to your employer; it does not require a signature from us. The certificate can be downloaded at the top of this page.
7. A guide is available for parents to use and assess their children should they become ill during this time. The guide can be downloaded at the top of this page.
8. We will still be arranging appointments for both cervical screenings and childhood immunisations. If you are due for an appointment then please call us to arrange one.
9. We have included a document for everyone to download with some frequently asked questions regarding the high risk and vulnerable patients. This FAQ can be downloaded at the top of this page.
All other routine queries will need to be deferred to a more appropriate time.
All patients with a new case of a persistent/continuous cough, a high temperature greater than 37.8C (fever) OR a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste MUST self isolate for 10 days (this also includes children).
If a family member that you are living with is self isolating then you MUST self isolate for 14 days even if you are not showing symptoms.
Any patient that displays these symptoms and is WELL must stay at home; it is not required to contact the 111 service.
Any patient that displays these symptoms and is UNWELL must stay at home and contact the 111 service or use their Online service. Please DO NOT attend the practice or a hospital.
For more information please click on the link below which will redirect you to the NHS website. This will provide you with information on the symptoms, affected areas as well as advice on how to limit the risk of infection and what to do in the event that you believe that you may be infected.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation in these challenging times.
If you would like to request a sick note, request blood test results, update your contact details or require information about the referral process and medical forms then please click on the button below.
If you are due for an asthma, blood pressure review or you would like to update us on your current smoking status and receive help to stop smoking then please click on the button below.
If you require information about local mental health & wellbeing services then please click on the button below. Many of these are self referral services meaning that you do not need a referral from us to see them.
To book appointments and request your repeat prescription please click on the button below.
There are many local services that are able to help with a variety of conditions without the need to visit us. Please click on the button below for more information.
The NHS Health A - Z guide is a fantastic way to gather information on how best to manage your illness. Please use this before you call to arrange an appointment. For more information please click on the button below.
North Brink Practice operates a GP supervised, triage service, allowing us to triage patients and provide appropriate care at the right time. For more information please click on the button below.
North Brink Practice hold a variety of clinics and services. To view the clinics and services that we offer please click on the button below.
For information about our Dispensary and the services available please click on the button below.
North Brink Practice is currently accepting new patients. For more information please click on the button below.
There are a number of services available that patients can access through our online service. For more information please click on the button below.
For information on prescriptions, charges and how to request a repeat prescription please click on the button below.